Recipe: Honey Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe by Ina Garten
226g = 1/2 pound(2 sticks) unsalted butter, at cool room temperature
281g = 1 1/4 cups sugar
5 large eggs = 4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
250g = 2 cups sifted cake flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 176°C.
- Grease the bottom of an 8½ x 4½ x 2½ inch loaf pan.
- Line the bottom with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, until light.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs, honey, vanilla and lemon zest in a glass measuring cup but do not combine.
- With the mixer on medium low speed, add the egg mixture, one egg at a time, scraping down the bowl and allowing each egg to become incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- With the mixer on low speed, add it slowly to the batter until just combined.
- Finish mixing the batter with a rubber spatula and pour it into the prepared pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes, turn out onto a baking rack, and cool completely.
Biow's comment: I think the batter should fill 2 loaf pan.. so if baking only 1 loaf pan, I would halved the recipe.
Sri's Feed My World
(2009-03-08 22:54:55 SGT) [chomp-chomp] Permalink
Most popular blog postings in Biow's world:
- PSLE Aggregate Calculator and PSLE T-Score Calculator Online
- Interactive map for Secondary One Posting after PSLE
- 2015 PSLE cutoff points to 2016 Secondary 1
- 2014 PSLE cutoff points to 2015 Secondary 1
- 2013 PSLE cutoff points to 2014 Secondary 1
- 2012 PSLE cutoff points to 2013 Secondary 1
- 2011 PSLE cutoff points to 2012 Secondary 1
- 2014 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2013 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2012 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2011 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2010 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- HDB toilet door replacement
- Recipe: Honey Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe by Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa
- resignation letter for less than tender notice sample
Featured articles in Biow's world:
- Singapore Maths P1 Worksheet Online Generator - Problem Sums
- Singapore Maths P2 Worksheet
- Canon DSLR Tutorial Guide for Beginners
- Cake Decoration 101 - How to cream / frost a cake
- Cake Decoration 101 - Shell Piping
- Freezing Expressed Breastmilk (EBM) in 3 steps
- Another way to freeze Expressed Breastmilk (EBM)
- Storing of Expressed Breastmilk (EBM)
- How Breastfeeding Benefits Add Up
- Do not use glass bottle to freeze your precious breastmilk