938LIVE GETS YOU TALKING - New market and food centre for Sengkang planned
Sengkang residents can look forward to a new market and food centre come 2010.
The Housing & Development Board has launched a tender for a Market and Food Centre Development at Sengkang Square/Sengkang East Road.
The land parcel is located opposite the Sengkang MRT/LRT station and bus interchange.
The project will offer residents an estimated 40 market stalls selling a variety of fresh market produce and 50 cooked food stalls.
This development arose from the Forum on HDB Heartware, led by Senior Minister of State for National Development, Ms Grace Fu last year.
Amongst others, the Forum recommended to resume building of wet markets and hawker centres, promote community bonding and strengthen local identity.
Tender For new market & food centre in Sengkang Town Centre
- Sengkang residents can start looking forward to a new market and food centre come 2010. The Housing & Development Board is inviting tender for a land parcel at Sengkang Square/Sengkang East Road for "Market and Food Centre Development" today. The tender will close on 17 Feb 2009. The successful tenderer will build, maintain and manage the Market and Food Centre during the tenancy period.
- The land parcel is located opposite the Sengkang MRT/LRT station and bus interchange. It has a centralised location and is easily accessible. The project will offer residents an estimated:
- 40 market stalls selling a variety of fresh market produce such as seafood, meat/poultry, fruits, vegetables etc
- 10 lock-up market stalls for trades complementary with traditional market concept such as sale of dried goods, groceries, kitchen wares, aquarium fish, plants and flowers.
- 50 cooked food stalls
Details of Land Parcel
Location : Sengkang Square/Sengkang East Road
Allowable Use : Market and Food Centre Development
Site Area : 6,000 sq m
Maximum GFA : 4,000 sq m
Tenure : 5 + 5 + 5 years (Initial term of 5 years with an option for a second term of 5 years with a further option for a third term)
Project Completion Date : On or before 31 Dec 2010
Its location map and preliminary artist impression are in Annex A.
Preliminary Artist Impression
The artist impression is meant to guide the tenderers in their design proposal and may differ from the actual building to be built by the successful tenderer.
1. HDB InfoWEB : Press Release
(2008-12-23 09:10:47 SGT) [road less travelled] Permalink
Most popular blog postings in Biow's world:
- PSLE Aggregate Calculator and PSLE T-Score Calculator Online
- Interactive map for Secondary One Posting after PSLE
- 2013 PSLE cutoff points to 2014 Secondary 1
- 2012 PSLE cutoff points to 2013 Secondary 1
- 2011 PSLE cutoff points to 2012 Secondary 1
- 2014 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2013 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2012 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2011 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2010 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- HDB toilet door replacement
- Recipe: Honey Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe by Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa
- resignation letter for less than tender notice sample
Featured articles in Biow's world:
- Singapore Maths P1 Worksheet Online Generator - Problem Sums
- Singapore Maths P2 Worksheet
- Canon DSLR Tutorial Guide for Beginners
- Cake Decoration 101 - How to cream / frost a cake
- Cake Decoration 101 - Shell Piping
- Freezing Expressed Breastmilk (EBM) in 3 steps
- Another way to freeze Expressed Breastmilk (EBM)
- Storing of Expressed Breastmilk (EBM)
- How Breastfeeding Benefits Add Up
- Do not use glass bottle to freeze your precious breastmilk