I thought I could finish my 118 episode korean drama DVDs which I had bought for some time.. guess what? I only managed to watch 10 episodes.. despite me doing the bare minimum of household chores - sweep floor daily, boil water daily, water my plants daily, mopping floor every other day, do laundry, ironing, ferrying the kids to and fro from school, I'm still unable to complete my DVD.
The first day my helper was not around was the worst. We woke up at 7:04am!! We need 10-15min travelling time. The kids arrived with only 2 (TWO) minutes to spare. But after the day 1 mishap, the rest of the mornings were uneventful.. Thanks to my dear EM. I can't wake up to any alarm. So, EM held the fort for the morning rush :D
I also managed to organise our photos taken.. we have 203 GB of photos and videos.. but I organised 72.2 GB of them into another drive.. and of course backed them up.. and EM will run a nightly scheduled jobs to back up the back ups ^.^!!
That's about it.. going back to work tomorrow.. life back to normal I guess..
(2012-04-09 21:17:21 SGT) [yours truly] Permalink
Attended a training on motivation today.. makes me think, how effective can I be to motivate someone? E.g. with Ken.. I'm using a reward system with him.. extrinsic motivation.. he gets a sticker if he completes his assigned assessment homework with no mistakes..every 10stickers, he can get to choose a toy.. although I can see results, I'm not exactly happy with this system.. I wonder, have I chosen a lazy way? There must be better way to motivate him?
I also questioned myself, "am I a motivated person?".. I would think so.. when challenged, I will always want to prove myself.. and I'm the type who can take hardships.. I will push myself.. I will just do it.. of cos, during the process I will be a complain queen, very drama and need a lot of avenue to vent.. not exactly a nice picture, but I will grit my teeth and push myself to the limit.. I wonder why am I such a person.. was I born like that? perhaps being born as a tigress make me a very stubborn person?
But despite my abilities to follow through tasks, I lack confidence.. I often think myself as lacking.. I don't think I'm NOT good, rather, not AS good.. subtle different.. why is that so? I'm talented in many ways and yet always feel lousy of myself.. I like to "blame" on years of putting down when growing up.. my parents acted humble by telling relatives I didn't do well, despite doing not bad.. But, I'm so
old adult already, shouldn't I outgrow this inferiority-complex?
so, how about you? are you a motivated person by nature? if not, what/how would motivate you to be a better person? How should I motivate Ken?
(2011-03-10 00:00:26 SGT) [yours truly] Permalink Comments 
ahh.. finally a break from work.. bliss.. not to say I'm dreading my current work.. on the contrary, I'm so happy with where I am now..
(2010-12-19 17:27:17 SGT) [yours truly] Permalink
mr_steady mr_earnest ms_chatterbox
(2010-09-17 08:59:34 SGT) [yours truly] Permalink Comments 
Dear team mates,
It is my last day after a meaningful and rather fulfilling 2 years with < S co >.
I sincerely thank each of you for your generosity in teaching me about < .. >, < .. > and other applications that you all are handling.
All of you had been a patient teacher. In return, I do hope that I too had share some of my knowledge with you.
I'm leaving for a career change. Over my working years, I realised, I am happiest when I get to share my knowledge. Thus, I am switching to education field. The thought of no longer going through the SDLC do make me feel a little apprehensive. Afterall, these are what I've been doing for the past decade. Nevertheless, I will be positively looking forward to this new position that brings forth new challenges.
I will always remember the camaraderie of our IS team. I wish you all the very best in the future. Feel free to email me at < some email add >.
my past employment history..
|Apr 1999 - Feb 2001|
|Mar 2001 - Jul 2005|
|Sep 2005 - Oct 2006|
|Oct 2006 - Jun 2008|
|Jun 2008 - Jun 2010|
(2010-06-25 00:00:00 SGT) [yours truly] Permalink
Most popular blog postings in Biow's world:
- PSLE Aggregate Calculator and PSLE T-Score Calculator Online
- Interactive map for Secondary One Posting after PSLE
- 2015 PSLE cutoff points to 2016 Secondary 1
- 2014 PSLE cutoff points to 2015 Secondary 1
- 2013 PSLE cutoff points to 2014 Secondary 1
- 2012 PSLE cutoff points to 2013 Secondary 1
- 2011 PSLE cutoff points to 2012 Secondary 1
- 2014 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2013 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2012 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2011 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- 2010 O-Levels cut off point to JC (Junior College) in Singapore
- HDB toilet door replacement
- Recipe: Honey Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe by Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa
- resignation letter for less than tender notice sample
Featured articles in Biow's world:
- Singapore Maths P1 Worksheet Online Generator - Problem Sums
- Singapore Maths P2 Worksheet
- Canon DSLR Tutorial Guide for Beginners
- Cake Decoration 101 - How to cream / frost a cake
- Cake Decoration 101 - Shell Piping
- Freezing Expressed Breastmilk (EBM) in 3 steps
- Another way to freeze Expressed Breastmilk (EBM)
- Storing of Expressed Breastmilk (EBM)
- How Breastfeeding Benefits Add Up
- Do not use glass bottle to freeze your precious breastmilk